Updated: Feb 16, 2021
Hello Blogging Friends!!
Welcome to my project for the "It's A Girl Thing: Turner Syndrome Awareness 3rd Annual Blog Hop" and for this year we have added a Card Challenge so that more people can play along with us!
Turner Syndrome is a genetic disorder where a female is born missing partial or all of her second X chromosome leaving her with life-long medical issues and learning disabilities. This condition occurs one in every 2,000 female births worldwide, but is more common among pregnancies that do not survive to full term. That is why Turner Syndrome Females are considered MIRACLES!
Prize Winners will be announced on March 13th, 2021
23 Caring and Generous Sponsors and 12 Design Team Members are offering prizes to a commenter and card makers and they are helping bring Turner Syndrome Awareness to the Public. For details on how you might win any of these fabulous prizes, please see Lori's TS home page. Thank you for learning about Turner Syndrome.
My TS related project is inspired by the TSF Mood Board
Hammermill® 100lb. White Coverstock
DCWV® Rose Gold Premium Stack
DCWV® Happy Day Stack
Paper Co®. - White Vellum
Sage Green Scraps
VersaMagic® - Spanish Olive
1/8" Iridescent Ribbon
Silver Glitter Pen
Nuvo® Glitter Drops - White Blizzard COPIC® MARKERS:
Tonic® - Mixed Edge Oval Layering Die set E04, E21, E23, E25, E27, E50, E51, E53
Layering Scalloped Lace Ovals RV00, RV32, Rv34
Darice® - Swirl with leaves YG00, YG01, YG05
Leafy Vine Die R01
Pink Flowers (5) C0, C1, C3
Fine Copper Wire
Iridescent Sequins (3)
Small Butterfly punch or Die
To simplify the process of making this card I chose to use my pre-colored image of the TSF Fairy and sized her to 2-1/8"x 4-1/8".
I chose to use the banner from Valentine Wishes Digi Set; sized it to 4-1/4" and inserted "It's a Girl Thing" as shown.
I decided to add transparent, sparkly Fairy Wings. Cut a small piece of the white vellum and positioned over the Fairy. With a Silver Glitter Pen trace one wing, move the vellum and trace the next wing until all three are traced. Let dry.
Punch (3) three Butterflies out of vellum.
Using Nuvo® Glitter Drops - White Blizzard outline the wings and the outer edges of the butterflies. Let dry.
The butterflies will have a tendency to curl. I used tweezers to straighten during the drying period.
Fussy cut the Fairy out.
Cut her wings off as well. Be careful not to cut her skirt back off.
Use an X-acto® knife to cut a slit along her back to slip the
new vellum wings into.
Using a piece of fine copper wire, fold in half and slide a butterfly in and gently twist the wire.
Curl both ends of the wire to make antennae for the butterflies.
Insert the small slender wing first, then the
large wing on top of the slender wing and the bottom arched wing into the slit along her back as shown. Secure on the back side.
Secure the second largest Layering Scalloped Lace Oval to some Hammermill® 100lb. White Coverstock with cutting edge down. Smudge the lower part with VersaMagic®-Spanish Olive and smudge the upper part with VersaMagic®-Aspen Mist.
Run through your Big Shot®.
Using the largest Tonic® - Mixed Edge Oval Layering Die cut a green oval.
Using the scrap sage green cardstock cut
one of each of the leaves and vines.
Adhere the lace oval centered in the Green oval as shown.
Adhere the green vines along the edges of the ovals along the bottom.
Using Foam Tape adhere the Fairy in the oval as shown.
Using dimensional glue adhere the flowers to the vines. One flower I made into a bud.